The Lure Factoy Shop
Fishing Lure PlastisolPreparing Plastisol
• Plastisol is a milky white liquid that when heated to correct temperatures will turn clear and into a syrup type consistency.
• MIXING before each use is very important. We recommend mixing for 2-4 minutes before each use. Be sure to mix the bottom of the container thoroughly. Mix slowly and gently where possible, so as not to cause bubbles, Never shake or mix plastisol vigorously as this will cause micro bubbles.
• Microwave Heating (Pyrex jug)
• pour 120ml-220ml of plastisol into a clean Pyrex jug.
• Heat the plastisol for 1 minute and then gently stir.
• Heat an additional 30 seconds and repeat this process until the plastisol becomes clear and is in a syrup consistency. Normally the max heating is between 1:30 to 2 minutes.
• Once the plastisol is clear we recommend adding glitter, coloring, salt, glass microbeads or approved scents into your heated plastisol. You can then slowly mix the ingredients together.
• Bubbles: The best way to prevent bubbles is by gently stirring. Shaking or mixing at high speeds creates air bubbles.
• TIP – Heat the plastisol so that it gets into melt stage, let the plastisol cool for about 5 minutes and then reheat it back into melt stage. Majority of time this will eliminate most bubbles.
• Plastisol should be stored in a controlled environment and from 10-39°C.
• It is very important to keep unused plastisol sealed between uses. If moisture contaminates the plastisol it will cause bubbles.
• Plastisol will separate over time so it is important to thoroughly mix the plastisol before every use. Plastisol that has set for a long period of time will need additional mixing time before use.